Today I’m sharing a delicious and healthy gluten free bread recipe that is fit for a king–King Arthur. The combination of traditional ingredients and unique spices in this recipe make it a must-try for anyone looking to try something new in the kitchen.
This gluten free bread is simple to make, but packs in a delicious combination of flavors. I used a blend of light buckwheat flour and millet flour for the base of the bread, which makes for a light and airy consistency. To add a bit of sweetness, I’ve included brown sugar and wildflower honey which balance out the spices. I also opted to incorporate some unique spices, such as fenugreek, caraway, and nigella seeds, which add a burst of flavor to the dish.
And the best part is that you can easily find most of these ingredients in any grocery store. To get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients.
– 2 cups light buckwheat flour
– 2 cups millet flour
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 1/2 tablespoons wildflower honey
– 1 tablespoon yeast
– 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
– 1 teaspoon fenugreek
– 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
– 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons butter, melted
– 1 1/2 cups warm water
1. Start by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl: buckwheat flour, millet flour, yeast, caraway, fenugreek, nigella, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: honey, melted butter, and warm water.
3. Gradually mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a thick dough is created.
4. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a towel. Let the dough rise for about an hour.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, remove it from the bowl and knead it for another couple of minutes.
7. Shape the bread into a loaf and place it on a lightly greased baking tray.
8. Let the bread rise for another hour before baking it in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
9. Let the bread cool for a few minutes before serving.
This gluten free bread recipe is a great option for anyone looking to switch up their bread-making routine. The addition of fenugreek and caraway seeds gives this bread a complex and aromatic flavor, while the brown sugar and wildflower honey balance out the spices. Serve it up with your favorite vegan or ghee butter or cream cheese, or enjoy it fresh out of the oven.
As a bonus, if you’re looking to try something different, you can experiment with different spices like cardamom or cinnamon, or even add in some dried fruits and nuts to make a yummy bread pudding.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for gluten free bread! Let me know if you try it out.