Gourmet Giada Fennel Salad
Giada De Laurentiis, the famous celebrity chef, is well known for her innovative and delicious salads. This Giada fennel salad ticks all the boxes for a flavorful, healthy, and creative dish!
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces Prosciutto, thin-sliced and cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- To prepare the fennel bulb, cut off the stalks and reserve a few of the fronds for garnish. Cut the bulb in half lengthwise and use a mandoline or sharp knife to very thinly slice the fennel.
- Transfer the sliced fennel to a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine and set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Add the Prosciutto and arugula to the bowl with the fennel and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top the salad with the grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
The unique thing about Giada’s salad is that it combines two Italian staples — prosciutto and Parmesan cheese — with the light crunch of fennel and the peppery bite of arugula. This combination of flavors is both perplexing and bursting with flavor! It really is a fantastic salad to add to your collection of recipes.
If this salad piques your interest, you may also want to try Giada’s recipes for orange and fennel salad, or roasted fennel and grapefruit salad. Or, if you’re looking for other delicious Italian inspired recipes, try some of Giada’s other dishes such as Roman-style pizza or her creamy shrimp and basil pasta.
This Giada fennel salad is truly an exquisite dish and one you and your family will love. Enjoy!