Get Ready For Summer Barbecues With This Bison Kebab Recipe
Summer barbecues are a fun way to spend time with friends and family outdoors. But if you’re looking to switch up the usual hamburger or hotdog routine, give this bison kebab recipe a try! Not only is bison a leaner, healthier alternative to beef, but grilling it with vegetables and spices is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Follow this recipe and get ready to wow guests with your backyard grilling skills!
- 1 pound of bison, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the bison cubes, bell peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Thread the bison mixture on skewers, alternating between cubes of bison and pieces of vegetables.
4. Place the kebabs on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning the skewers every 3 minutes.
5. Once cooked through (the internal temperature of the bison should read 145 degrees Fahrenheit), remove the kebabs from the grill and serve alongside your favorite sides.
Whether you’re having a big cookout or just looking to mix up your dinnertime routine, this bison kebab recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Not only is this dish full of flavor and protein, but it is also healthy, filling, and easy to customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand. And with just the right amount of cumin and Worcestershire for a delicious summery-spicy kick, your guests will be begging for the recipe! So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy some delicious bison kebabs!