Introducing Geera Pork: A Flavorful Caribbean Dish with a Surprising Recipe
For a tantalizing taste of the Caribbean, look no further than Geera Pork – a flavor-packed pork dish that originated in Trinidad and Tobago. Bursting with piquant spices and a unique preparation method, Geera Pork is sure to surprise and delight even the most seasoned of palates.
A Party of Spices
When it comes to Caribbean cuisine, nothing screams “flavor” like powerful spices! The unique blend of spices used in Geera Pork includes:
-Ground red pepper
The flavor of each spice is evident in the final dish, coming together in a marriage of complexity for a truly one-of-a-kind experience. With a hint of sweet and a bit of heat, each bite of Geera Pork will summon feelings of a Caribbean vacation.
A Unique Preparation Method
Geera Pork is cooked differently than other pork dishes, as the meat itself is not marinated before cooking. Instead, the pork is first cooked to ensure it is tender, then a glaze of the geera, cumin, coriander, and garlic is added to the pan before fry in oil. This provides a crunchy and fragrant finish to the dish.
Bringing Together Cultures
Sometimes referred to as “Ginger Pork” or “Caribbean Roast Pork”, Geera Pork is the perfect balance of spices from multiple cultures. Along with its traditional ingredients, the dish has been known to vary from home to home, often with the influence of Dutch, English, Asian and Indian seasonings. Regardless of the addition, Geera Pork is sure to bring a little bit of the Caribbean right to your dinner table.
Try This Geera Pork Recipe For Yourself!
-3 lbs. pork shoulder
-3 tablespoons ground geera
-2 tablespoons cumin
-2 tablespoons coriander
-2 tablespoons garlic powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground red pepper
-1 teaspoon thyme
-1 teaspoon allspice
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-2 tablespoons oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Place the pork shoulder in an oven-safe dish and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the pork is tender and cooked through.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the geera, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, cinnamon, red pepper, thyme, allspice, and black pepper until well-combined.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the pork to the pan.
5. Add the spice mixture to the pan, stirring to coat the pork.
6. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pork is crispy and golden brown.
7. Serve over rice, with a side of vegetables. Enjoy!
It’s time to get cooking – this tantalizing Geera Pork recipe is sure to become a favorite in your home. Transport your taste buds to the Caribbean and get ready to experience a unique blend of delightful seasonings and unique cooking techniques. Caribbean flair has never tasted so good!