Ah, the classic fuzzy navel—it has been a summer staple for years! This fruity, festive cake takes its namesake from the popular cocktail beverage of the same name and features orange and peach flavors in the moist and flavorful cake. All of this deliciousness is then topped off with a fluffy cloud of homemade cream cheese frosting. What could be better on a hot summer day?
This Fuzzy Navel Cake recipe is sure to be a hit at your next family gathering. Combining the classic flavors of orange and peach, this cake is sure to draw compliments from all of your guests. And it’s quite easy to make too!
For the cake:
– 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup orange juice – 1/4 cup peach schnapps
For The Frosting:
– 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese
– 1/2 cup butter (softened)
– Pinch of salt
– 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
– 1 teaspoon orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease and lightly flour a 9-inch cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add in the oil, vanilla extract, orange juice, and peach schnapps.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just blended.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, salt, peach schnapps, and orange zest, continuing to beat until blended.
3. Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled cake.
This Fuzzy Navel Cake is a perfect flavorful treat to enjoy in the summertime. The unique combination of orange, peach, and cream cheese come together to create a truly delicious dessert. The fruity flavor and cloud of cream cheese frosting will transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise!
If you’re looking for other tantalizing desserts with a hint of tropical flavor, try out this Pineapple Upside Down Cake or this Coconut Cream Cake. Both are full of bold flavors, sure to be a hit at any gathering you host.
So let’s get baking and start your summer off with a festive Fuzzy Navel Cake! Enjoy!