A Delicious Take on the Funniest Cake Around – Funny Bone Cake Recipe
Given how popular it’s become, it’s no surprise that the Funny Bone Cake is a beloved favorite in the dessert world. Traditionally served as a giggle-inducing surprise when served to unsuspecting family and friends, this eccentric cake is sure to be the star of any party. Here’s a simple-yet-festive recipe to make your own Funny Bone Cake!
What You’ll Need
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 2 cups sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup milk
– 2 grams of red velvet food dye
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, adding the vanilla.
4. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk to the butter-sugar-egg mixture, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
5. Add the red velvet food dye.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Let cool completely before serving.
After the cake is cool, it’s time to make it look like the Funny Bone! Start by slicing the cake evenly into two layers. Place one layer on a cake board and layer with your favorite frosting. Add the top layer, and then pipe frosting around the bottom edge and sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies for the “bone” look. Add a few more Oreo cookies around the outside of the cake, and voila! You’re finished.
The Funny Bone Cake is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser, and it’s easy to make! Its unique flavor – with just a hint of nutmeg and the addition of the red velvet food dye – combined with its eccentric appearance make it a fun dessert for any occasion. Plus, its versatile ingredients mean you can switch out the Oreo cookies for whatever add-ons you’d like.
If you’re searching for something slightly sweeter and even more jaw-droppingly funny, consider making the classic Jalapeno Popper Cake – a real show-stopper!