Fried Chicken Ramen: A Tasty Fusion of East and West
When it comes to achieving delicious, comforting harmony between the far east and the wild west, typically the dish that comes to mind is fried chicken ramen. This simple yet distinct fusion of Japanese ramen noodles and classic fried chicken has been gaining popularity since its initial emergence in 2012. Although its background is still largely unknown, its appeal is certainly widespread.
Fried chicken ramen is the perfect meal for anyone looking to embark on a culinary adventure. At its core, it possess two distinct elements: crispy fried chicken and appetizing ramen noodles. This combination of flavours, textures, and aromas is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds. What’s more, its simplicity makes it a hassle-free meal that can be had at any time of day.
-1 package of ramen noodles
-1 cup of chicken broth
-1 tablespoon of soy sauce
-1 teaspoon of minced garlic
-1 cup of cooked, diced chicken
-1 small onion, chopped
-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden.
4. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, onion, and ramen noodles.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the cooked chicken.
9. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the broth is absorbed.
10. Remove from heat and top with the egg.
Fried chicken ramen is a unique blend of cultures that’s second to none. From the subtle sweetness of the onions to the crunchy texture of the fried chicken, every bite is a delight. Plus, its flexibility means you can always use different ingredients or even try a different method for frying the chicken. All in all, this delicacy is perfect for anyone looking to explore the fusion of East and West. So why don’t you give fried chicken ramen a try?