My Favorite Recipe – Farmers Market Chicken
If you’re looking for a nutritious and delicious meal that will take your taste buds for a spin, look no further than this Farmers Market Chicken recipe. Combining fresh ingredients from the local market with a medley of flavors, it’s a real showstopper.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
– 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
– 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
– 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
– 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the thyme, oregano, and cumin and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken, and frozen corn and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice and adjust the seasonings to taste.
7. Serve hot, garnished with additional cilantro, if desired.
What Makes This Dish Special?
This Farmers Market Chicken is a powerhouse of nutrition and a celebration of textures and flavors. The combination of fresh red bell pepper and onion is bursting with flavor and the addition of garlic and spices like cumin, oregano, and thyme give the dish a unique array of flavor. Together, it all comes together for a dish that is truly delicious and versatile.
The dish is influenced by Mexican and Latin American cuisine, making it a great way to get a taste of the region from the comfort of your own kitchen. And the addition of lime juice and cilantro gives it just the right amount of zing.
Whether you’re looking for a hearty dinner or a light lunch, this Farmers Market Chicken is sure to find its way into your recipes rotation. Serve it with a side of vegetables, a caesar salad, or some cooked grains. Enjoy!