Fairytale Eggplant Recipe
Transform eggplants into a magical and enchanting treat with this Fairytale Eggplant Recipe! Take eggplants on a journey straight from the garden to your table with this delightful dish filled with savory spices and a creamy garlic sauce. Enjoy this quick and easy recipe that’s a guaranteed summertime favorite.
- 3 medium eggplants, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the cubed eggplant onto a baking sheet, then drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the cumin, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper onto the eggplant cubes. Toss the cubes to combine, then spread them out onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake the eggplant cubes for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the minced garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and beginning to turn golden.
- Pour the cream into the garlic and butter, then reduce the heat to low and stir to combine. Add the cooked eggplant cubes to the pan, stirring to combine. Simmer the mixture over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is creamy and the eggplant is fully cooked.
- Serve the eggplant hot with your favorite side dish.