Tantalise Your Taste Buds with Faidley Crab Cakes
Ah, crab cakes. Who doesn’t love the rich flavour of these traditional delicacies? But have you tasted Faidley’s Famous Crab Cakes? Well, if you haven’t, then you are in for a real treat!
These Baltimore-style crab cakes are made with a unique combination of ingredients. High-quality backfin crabmeat, peppers, mayonnaise, egg yolks, Worcestershire sauce and a host of other tantalising seasonings combine to make this dish truly memorable. The cakes are fried to a golden brown perfection and can be served as an appetiser, main, or even a side dish.
Faidley’s original crab cake recipe can trace its history back to the 1880s, but has been perfected over the years to become a staple of Baltimore’s culinary scene. This version of the dish is unique in its use of mayonnaise, egg yolks, Worcestershire sauce, and peppers. These additions help to add a big burst of flavour with each and every bite – a delightful surprise that will please even the most discerning palate. The peppers, in particular, provide a hint of heat – just enough to tantalise but not overpower the succulent crabmeat.
– 2 lbs backfin crabmeat, jumbo grade (drained and picked over for shells)
– 1 cup finely chopped sweet peppers
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
– 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
– Salt and ground pepper, to taste
– All-purpose flour, for coating
– Butter, for frying
1. In a large bowl, mix together the crabmeat, peppers, mayonnaise, egg yolks, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard until everything is thoroughly combined.
2. Form the mixture into cakes or patties – they should be approximately 2 inches in diameter – and coat them in flour.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt enough butter to cover the base of pan.
4. Place the cakes in the pan and cook until golden brown – approximately 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve hot with melted butter, lemon wedges, and your favourite sides. Enjoy!
Faidley’s Famous Crab Cakes are known for their delicious flavour and pleasing texture. It’s an appetizer that is sure to leave your guests wanting more! Rich, savoury and mildly spicy, these crab cakes are a real crowd-pleaser. If you’re looking for a traditional, simple to make dish that packs a flavour punch, then look no further than Faidley’s delicious crab cake recipe!