Entenmann’s Banana Cake – a Baked Goodie for Any Occasion
If you’re looking for a yummy dessert that will bring both a burst of flavor and a hint of nostalgia to your table, Entenmann’s Banana Cake should be your go-to. This classic recipe is a beloved treat that’s been in the Entenmann family for generations and holds a special place in many people’s hearts.
The simple yet delicious combination of sweet yellow cake, creamy banana pudding, and crunchy topping is a perplexing combination of flavors and textures that nobody will be able to resist. It’s perfect for a summer barbecue, a holiday gathering, or a midnight snack.
This recipe is a great concoction of strange flavors that come together wonderfully. You start by making an easy yellow cake from scratch. Then you prepare the banana pudding mixture that together with the cake will create a warm, soft center when baked. To complete the dish, a layer of buttery crumbs is added on top for a delightful crunchiness to contrast the soft interior.
It’s easy to make, doesn’t require expensive or hard-to-find ingredients, and the results are both flavorful and spectacular. It’s a great alternative to the traditional banana bread and is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ cup butter, softened
– ½ cup sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup mashed banana
– ½ cup milk
– 2 cups prepared banana pudding
– ½ cup packed brown sugar
– ½ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. Add mashed banana, milk, and dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the topping. Combine banana pudding, brown sugar, and melted butter in a bowl and mix until combined.
7. Spread the topping over the baked cake and return to the oven. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!