The Delicious English Madeleine Cake
Get ready to be amazed with a unique, decadent cake that’s a cut above the rest! The English Madeleine cake is a classic English dessert, first invented in 1730. An English Madeleine is a dainty cake, made with a classic sponge batter and baked in special molds which yields a delicate shell shape.
Light and airy in texture yet rich in flavor, these little cakes are a true delight that your family and friends won’t be able to get enough of. Madeleines are typically served plain as a snack or tea-time treat, but can also be enhanced with flavors from chocolate or your favorite fruits or jams.
Whether you’re looking for a classic treat or something a bit more special, you’ll definitely love this classic English Madeleine recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F/180C.
- Grease and flour a madeleine baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to egg mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in melted butter until fully combined.
- Spoon the batter into the molds, filling them halfway.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cakes have lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in the pan for several minutes before removing and serving.
The English Madeleine is truly a delicacy that can’t be beat! These delightful little cakes are the perfect treat for any occasion. They are light, airy and full of flavor, and with the right ingredients and preparation you can guarantee an unforgettable experience for your taste buds. So put on your apron and try your hand at this great recipe for classic English Madeleines. Enjoy!