Eileen’s Colossal Cookies: A Tasty and Unique Recipe
Are you in the mood for something sweet? Then you’ll love Eileen’s Colossal Cookies. Bursting with chocolate, nuts and the richness of the east coast, this recipe is the perfect combination of classic ingredients and modern flavorings. Make your own batch and enjoy the sweet treat whenever you want.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Do not overcook.
Eileen’s Colossal Cookies are the perfect combination of the east coast’s irresistible sweet treats and the punch of flavor that only the best ingredients can bring to the recipe. Whether it’s the richness of the semi-sweet chocolate chips, or the hearty crunch of the walnuts, these cookies will tantalize your taste buds. The oatmeal and coconut flavors present an interesting twist and the sugar and butter work together in harmony to craft a wonderful dessert.
For those who like something a bit more savory, you can customize your Colossal Cookies with other ingredients – swap out the walnuts for almonds or add a handful of raisins for a more fruit-forward flavor.
Eileen’s Colossal Cookies are easy to make and are sure to become a favorite dessert in no time. Enjoy them with a tall glass of creamy ice-cold milk and get ready to be amazed.