- 1 bowl ground turkey
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/3 bowl finely chopped onions
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 bowl panko breadcrumbs
- 1 person’s worth pasta (it depends, it depends..)
- 3 bowls of water
- 2/3 bowl pasta sauce. (Not too cheap ones haha )
- 1/2 bowl mushroom & chopped onions & some oil(optional)
So this was my attempt to make pasta with meatballs more healthy. I don’t know if I achieved that goal, cuz it still tasted great :)
For Turkey Meatballs:
- Mix ground turkey + pinch of salt and black pepper + finely chopped onions + egg + breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
- Make about 1-inch turkey meatballs
- Bake them for about 10 minutes or so until done at about 400 degrees F. To see if done, stick a toothpick into one of the balls, and take it out. If nothing comes out with it, they’re done.
- Take out the meatballs and set it aside to cool.
For Pasta + Turkey Meatballs:
- Cook pasta in water in saucepan…have saucepan fit all of the pasta for convenience.
- When pasta is fully cooked, drain water from pan.
- In another saucepan (medium heat), sautee mushroom and chopped onions with a bit of oil, if wanted. Then add pasta sauce.
- Add cooked turkey meatballs to pasta sauce.
- Mix meatballs + sauce and then add pasta and mix throughly.
Pasta with Turkey Meatballs is served! For 1 person :)
Original Recipe & Photo Licensed Via CC BY-SA 3.0