I’d driven for half an hour to get to the fish store because they had a special on salmon. Buying fresh fish gets me so hyped up that I wouldn’t mind the long drive. Husband used to say, I’d do anything to grab me some fresh produce. He’s right. Because of that, the whole family would enjoy good meals. What would they do if I had been the type of Mom who’d feed my family microwave meals instead?
My main motivation is freshness. Because of this devotion to quality ingredients, I would again drive several minutes to the organic market to buy the vegetables that would bake alongside the salmon. I could just smell it now while it’s baking. I can’t wait to eat this.
I happen to love salmon because it’s one of the healthiest fish there is to eat. I learned that having salmon 3 times a week is your best ally against staving off illnesses and diseases. It supplies us iron, zinc, omega acids, Vitamins B6 and 12. Not only that, it tastes good with butter and lemon juice. Now by adding simple vegetables like potatoes and asparagus, for example, it becomes a complete meal by itself.
Serve about 3 ounces of Salmon per meal and it’s guaranteed to keep you healthy. What mother doesn’t want that kind of protection for her family, right? I don’t know about you, but this Mom does.
A Really Healthy Dinner Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- Begin by preparing the marinade for the salmon. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Mix and set aside.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and add in the marinade. Cover and set aside again.
- Leave this in the refrigerator and marinate for an hour. Don’t forget to turn the fish occasionally for an even coverage.
- Next, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Tear apart aluminum foil and place the marinated salmon. Include the marinade mixture and seal properly.
- Return the fish in the baking dish and then bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Afterwards, check the fish if they’re flaky. Use a fork to tear into the meat. Best served hot.