Welcome to the world of double ginger cookies, an ode to the flavors of winter. These cookies are packed with not one, but two types of ginger, creating a complex and zesty flavor combination that will make your mouth come alive.
The ingredients for these cookies rely on the warmth of a range of spices, which intertwine to create a delightful and spicy aroma. A base of butter, brown and white sugars, vanilla, and ground almonds are combined with an equal parts mixture of ground ginger and crystallised ginger, as well as cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves for a burst of flavor.
These ingredients are mixed together until the dry ingredients are evenly spread and the dough starts to form. The use of two types of ginger, combined with the other spices, allows the flavors to intertwine and burst in your mouth. The dough is then rolled out, cut into circles and cooked for 10-15 minutes.
Upon cooking, the cookies take on a slightly charred, yet sweet and crumbly consistency. The distinct taste of the fragrant spices is highlighted when served warm, although they also make great snacks to munch on at any time of the day.
These double ginger cookies are inspired by gingerbread, the traditional festive treat. By combining the flavors of gingerbread and traditional Christmas spices, they are the perfect treat to make during the holiday season.
If you’re after a recipe that will tantalise your taste buds, these double ginger cookies are definitely worth a try. The unique flavor combination of different spices creates mouth-watering treats that will make it impossible to eat just one!
- 115g Unsalted Butter Room temperature
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 50g White Sugar
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 2-3 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2-3 Whole Crystallised Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix butter and sugars together in a bowl using a whisk or electric mixer until combined.
- Add ground almonds, ground ginger, crystallised ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla extract, mix together until combined.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of approximately 0.5 cm.
- Cut the rolled dough into circles and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°c/ Gas Mark 4.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing from the tray.
- Serve warm and enjoy!