Delicious Recipes for Healthy Eating with Chicken, Fish and Smoothies
Eating healthy meals everyday can be hard and sometimes don’t taste as delicious as a junk food meal. However, with the right ingredients, you can make savoury, tasty meals that can help sustain weight loss and promote healthy eating. Here are three delicious recipes using chicken, fish and smoothies.
This classic chicken marbella recipe is healthy, flavourful and pairs well with cous cous and steamed vegetables.
- 5 lbs of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 cups of pitted prunes
- 1 cup of pitted Spanish olives
- 1/2 cup of capers
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of white vine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, prunes, olives, capers, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and bay leaves.
- Mix with tongs or hands until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cous cous and steamed vegetables.
Grilled Tilapia with Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce
This delicious tilapia dish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and the tantalizing sauce is a great accompaniment for this mild fish.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush tilapia fillets with olive oil and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, parsley and black pepper.
- Grill tilapia for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Brush butter sauce on both sides of the fillet to serve.
Mango Yogurt Smoothie
Start your day with a nutritious, protein-packed breakfast with this delicious smoothie recipe.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- Combine mango, yogurt, honey and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Eating healthy foods doesn’t have to be boring – with these delicious recipes, you can enjoy meals that are both healthy and delicious. So why not give these recipes a try today?