My Grandma’s Cuban Rum Cake Recipe
I love baking and I am always looking for a new and interesting recipe to try. Today I have the pleasure of bringing you my Grandma’s Cuban Rum Cake recipe, a traditional delight served on grand occasions throughout the Caribbean and Cuba.
The Cuban Rum Cake is a moist and fragrant cake with a hint of rum, and nothing quite beats it when it comes to celebrating big events. It’s one of my favorite recipes and I’m sure it will soon be yours too.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp rum
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg yolks, oil and rum until smooth.
4. Gradually add the egg yolk mixture to the egg whites and sugar, mixing until combined.
5. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the bowl. Fold the ingredients together until just combined and no streaks of flour remain.
6. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan and pour the batter into it.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
This traditional Cuban Rum Cake is a delicious dessert that requires minimal ingredients and effort but packs a flavorful punch. While straightforward in its preparation, you can certainly add a few garnishes or flavorings to customize the recipe to your own tastes. For example, try stirring some coconut flakes or a few tablespoons of cocoa into the batter before baking for a unique twist.
This recipe is sure to be enjoyed by friends and family alike! Give this Cuban Rum Cake a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!