A Unique Croatian Rotisserie Chicken Dish
When it comes to rotisserie chicken, it’s hard to look past the classic French flavors. But, these days, our palates are ready to explore something a little different. Enter: Croatian rotisserie chicken.
Deliciously roasted to perfection on a spit, this unique recipe combines classic Croatian flavors of bay leaves and paprika with some traditional French ingredients like lemon and garlic. Make sure you choose a juicy, organic chicken for this dish for the most succulent results.
- 000ml quality poultry stock
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 organic chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large roasting pan, combine the stock and bay leaves.
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, herbs, and olive oil together in a bowl. Rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon over the top.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
This chicken pairs perfectly with a light, Croatian-style potato salad or roasted vegetables. It also makes a great main course for large gatherings.
If you’re looking to change up your traditional rotisserie chicken recipes, Croatian rotisserie chicken is the perfect choice. Combining elements of both Croatian and French cuisines, this dish offers an unforgettable flavor experience. Whether you’re a culinary novice or a seasoned chef, you’ll love the depth of flavor and perfect texture of this delicious rotisserie chicken dish.