Crispy Sesame Beef: An Asian Street Food Classic
With its textured crust, sticky-sweet sauce and vibrant aromas, Crispy Sesame Beef is a classic Asian street food that brings the flavor of the East right to your kitchen. From the vibrant green of the garlic, to the creamy-brown of the sesame seeds, no other dish encapsulates the vibrancy of Asian cuisine like Crispy Sesame Beef.
– 500 grams beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
– ½ cup soy sauce
– ¼ cup dark brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
– 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/4 cup sesame seeds
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated and a thin, sticky glaze is formed.
2. Working in batches, submerge a handful of the beef strips into the marinade, fully coating each piece in the mixture. Set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400℉.
4. Place the coated beef strips onto the baking sheet and sprinkle generously with sesame seeds, pressing the seeds lightly so that they stick.
5. Place in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the beef strips are golden and crispy.
6. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, and serve.
A perfect balance of sweet and savory, Crispy Sesame Beef takes comfort food to the next level. If you’d like to add a bit of heat to your dish, simply up the cayenne pepper to your desired level. For a healthier twist, you could opt to shallow fry the beef strips with a tablespoon of oil instead of baking, the results will still be scrumptious and you can enjoy the dish guilt free. Whichever way you choose to cook it, Crispy Sesame Beef is bound to become a staple in your household. Enjoy!