Crispy Corned Beef: Comfort Food at its Finest
Nothing quite says “comfort food” like crispy corned beef. With its fork-tender texture and warm, savory flavor, this classic dish has been a staple in homes around the world for centuries. And thanks to its incredibly simple preparation, crunchy corned beef can easily become an easy weeknight meal or scrumptious weekend supper.
• 2 lbs corned beef, trimmed of fat
• 4 cups of water
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon of coriander
• 1 teaspoon of paprika
• ½ teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 bay leaves
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the beef in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the beef to the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours or until the beef is very tender.
4. Remove the beef and place on a baking sheet.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the beef and add additional pepper or paprika to taste.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the beef is golden brown and crispy.
7. Slice and serve while warm.
Crispy corned beef holds just the right amount of soul-soothing nutrients and flavor. Rich in protein and low in fat, it’s the perfect balance of healthy and delicious. In most cultures, it is also a customary dish and is seen especially in the Middle East and America. Furthermore, there is so much room for variation and experimentation that no two meals need to be the same. For example, you can spruce up the dish with the addition of pickles, peppers, or mushrooms and create a unique, multicultural flavor.
Whether enjoyed on its own or with a side of potatoes or greens, crispy corned beef is a true crowd pleaser and an ever-growing culinary favorite. Whip up this classic recipe as an easy weeknight meal or an elegant, cozy gathering.