Crispy Aromatic Duck Recipe
This recipe will show you how to make a delicious and flavorful crispy aromatic duck. Enjoy this mouth-watering dish and serve it with steamed rice and aromatic vegetables.
- 1 duck – gutted, washed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing Wine
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of groundnut oil
- Marinate the duck: Put the duck halves into a bowl and add the Shaoxing wine, dark soy sauce, sugar, five spice powder, and white pepper. Mix well and marinate for at least 2 hours, turning the duck over a few times during that time.
- Heat the oil: Heat the groundnut oil in a wok over a high heat.
- Fry the duck: Place the duck skin side down in the hot oil and allow to fry for around 4-5 minutes, until the skin turns golden brown and crispy. Turn the duck over and fry for about 2 minutes, until both sides are crispy and cooked through.
- Serve: Transfer the duck to a plate and serve immediately with steamed rice and aromatic vegetables. Enjoy!