- 120g of Caster sugar (adjust to taste)
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- 1/2 Orange zest
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 430ml of Full fat milk
- Sugar to sprinkle on top to caramelise
- Take a sauce pan and whisk together the yolk and sugar until the mixture turns to a light yellow colour and slightly frothy.
- Add the milk, lemon zest, orange zest and the cinnamon stick to the pan and place the pan over a low heat.
- Stirring constantly until just thickened, and remove from the heat immediately. (The trick here is take the pot away from the heat as soon as you can ‘feel’ the mixture thickening. Other wise the mixture will start to separate and produce a slightly grainy texture, instead of a nice smooth custard.)
- Remove the cinnamon stick and pour into ramekins. Leave to cool and let it set in the fridge over night, or for at least 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle each pot with a generous amount of sugar and use a blow torch to caramelise the sugar, and serve! ( If you don’t have a blow torch, just turn your grill up to the highest setting and place the ramekins under the grill, close to the elements.)