Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
When the cold months hit and the winter chill sets in, I love to warm up with a bowl of creamy butternut squash soup. This classic comfort food is an ideal way to fill up on warm, healthy ingredients and cozy up for the winter months. It’s easy to make and packs a big flavor punch. Here’s my favorite recipe for a classic creamy butternut squash soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the butternut squash, broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Working in batches, carefully transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the pureed soup to the pot.
- Stir in the cream and heat through.
- Serve hot.
That’s all there is to it! This soup is creamy, hearty, and full of wintery flavors. Serve it up with a side of crusty bread, and you’ve got the perfect cold-weather dinner. For an even heartier meal, top with roasted pumpkin seeds and crispy bacon. Enjoy!
Creamy butternut squash soup is the perfect comfort food for cold winter days. With its cozy flavors and indulgent creaminess, this soup hits all the right notes on a chilly day. Plus, it’s easy to make and a great way to get in some extra vegetables. Whip up a batch today and enjoy a warm bowl of deliciousness. Enjoy!