Cracker Barrel-Style Roast Beef
The smell of a roast in the oven is often associated with Sunday dinners, lazy lunch-ins and any other time comfort food is the menu of the day. Roast beef has always been a favorite for many, for its richness in flavor and tenderness when cooked. A classic that stands out and always gets rave reviews, is the Cracker Barrel-Style Roast Beef.
The beauty of this recipe is that with a few ingredients and a few hours, you can whip up a wonderful meal that’s sure to please any crowd. The combination of flavors gives the roast a deliciously unique flavor and will make it a favorite in the meal rotation.
This recipe is easy to make and requires simple ingredients:
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse the roast and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion soup mix, pepper, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour the mixture into an oven-safe dish or roasting pan.
- Place the roast in the oven-safe dish or pan and place in preheated oven.
- Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast registers 145°F. Turn the heat down to 300°F if the roast seems to be cooking too fast.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. This helps the roast retain its juices.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy.
Cracker Barrel-Style Roast Beef is a delicious entree that is certain to be a hit with family and friends. By using a few simple ingredients, you can quickly and easily make a flavorful and moist roast that’s sure to be a favorite.