Coulotte Steak Recipe
Coulotte steak, also known as sirloin cap steak, is a cut of steak taken from the top of the sirloin. This cut is especially tender, packing exceptional flavor in every bite, while being leaner than other cuts of steak. To properly cook this steak, you will need a few pieces of cooking equipment and the following ingredients:
- 2 Coulotte Steaks
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Begin by seasoning the steaks. Rub each steak with the salt and pepper, covering the steak completely.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, adding the olive oil and heating until it just begins to smoke.
- Carefully place the steaks in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare steaks, or 8 minutes per side for medium.
- Allow the steak to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Coulotte steak can be served with a variety of sides, from roasted vegetables to mashed potatoes. Our favorite way to eat coulotte steak is with a simple side salad with a light vinaigrette. Enjoy!