A Sweet Treat – Costco Cinnamon Bread Recipe
If you love the comforting warmth of cinnamon paired with the sweet flavor of honey, then you’ll love this Costco Cinnamon Bread. It’s a soft, sugary, yeasted loaf made with sweetened honey and coated in cinnamon sugar. It makes an amazing breakfast treat, mid-afternoon snack or something to share with your family and friends.
This scrumptious treat has roots in many traditional baking cultures, with influences from the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe. The combination of the stuffings, spices and baking process gives the bread a unique flavor and texture, making it something truly special.
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, mix together the honey, warm water, and yeast. Set aside and let sit for 5-7 minutes, until mixture is bubbly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the melted butter, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix together until combined.
- Turn mixer on low and slowly add the yeast mixture until combined.
- Add the flour one cup at a time, stirring until the dough begins to come together and no more flour can be seen.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about an hour.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out into a large rectangle, about 9×13 inches.
- Brush with melted butter, and mix together 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle liberally over the dough.
- Roll the dough up like a jelly roll, and place into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This Costco Cinnamon Bread is a lovely dessert that works equally well as a breakfast or an afternoon snack. It offers the perfect balance of sweetness, with the delicate flavors of honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. The brown sugar-cinnamon topping creates a crunchy texture nuance to this delicious bread.
This recipe is based upon a traditional family favorite and is easy to make and great for sharing with others. If you’re looking for another delicious variation of this bread, try substituting the honey for dark brown sugar, adding chopped apples, or pouring melted butter on top – the possibilities are up to you!