Hawaiian Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, flour, dry mustard, curry powder, pepper, and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, and green onions. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve chowder hot with a sprinkle of cilantro and green onions on top.