“Conch Salad Ceviche – A Caribbean Classic”
When the Caribbean sea breeze hits your face, thoughts of conch salad ceviche come to mind. This symbol of the islands is a popular dish along the coastline, with what can only be described as a burst of flavors.
From the steaming citrus juices to the fresh ingredients, each bite of this unique concoction is a party for the taste buds. An amazing concoction of a range of flavors which make up the dish, conch salad ceviche is one of a kind.
* 2 pounds cleaned conch, diced
* 2-3 limes, juiced
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 1 red bell pepper, diced
* 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
* 2 serrano chilies, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* sea salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the diced conch, lime juice, red onion, garlic, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro, serrano chiles, black pepper, cumin, and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. After 1 hour, remove the conch salad ceviche from the refrigerator and season with sea salt to taste.
4. Serve the salad cold or at room temperature with crackers or chips.
This conch salad ceviche is a unique take on the classic versions. The combination of sweet and spicy conch pieces paired with the juicy vegetables create an explosion of flavors that will make your mouth water. Different cultures around the Caribbean influences the dish, making each version unique and special.
If you’re looking for more creative takes on conch salad ceviche, why not try chayote conch ceviche or avocado-cucumber conch ceviche? Or even try adding some Spanish spices to your dish, like paprika and cumin? These ingredients will really breathe new life into the traditional conch salad ceviche.
No matter which version you choose, conch salad ceviche is always a treat, the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of the Caribbean!