Cool Down With a Sweet and Refreshing Cold Cake
When hot summer days have you feeling wilted and bedraggled, why not cool off with an irresistible cold cake? This simple sweet treat is the perfect way to perk yourself up on even the sweatiest days, evoking a sense of cool and refreshing vibes.
A Salute to Refreshment
Originating from the sunny shores of Greece, this recipe takes a traditional Greek cake and gives it a modern makeover that’s sure to leave you feeling rejuvenated. Cold cake is a simple yet delicious concoction comprised of a combination of oranges, walnuts and yogurt, resulting in a sweet and tangy delight that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
Easy to Prepare and Enjoy
With a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can easily whip up a batch of this delightful cold cake in no time. All it takes is a large bowl and measuring tools to get the baking party started.
Here’s what you’ll need to make about 10 servings:
– 2 cups of flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking soda
– 1 cup of orange juice
– 2 cups of yogurt
– 1 cup of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– ½ cup of walnuts
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and sugar.
3. Cut the butter into the flour mix with a fork until the mix looks like coarse meal.
4. Pour in the orange juice, yogurt and walnuts. Stir with a spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
5. Grease a baking dish with butter or oil.
6. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish and put it in the oven.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cold cake cool before serving.
Delight in the Cool and Sweet
Once cooled, enjoy the sweet and tangy flavor of this cold cake with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a simple dusting of powdered sugar. For an added touch of refinement, serve the cold cake with a platter of fresh seasonal fruit.
Whether a special get-together or an informal gathering of friends, the chilled cake will evoke an aura of refreshing satisfaction. So, beat the heat and savor a moment of indulgence with this unique recipe!