Create a Delicious Cold Asparagus Soup This Summer
As the temperature starts to rise, it’s time to think about planning some scrumptious dishes that will help to cool down your summer. Cold soups are the perfect option for hot days, and this mouthwatering cold asparagus soup is the perfect way to enjoy the bounty of the season.
This chilled soup captures the fresh, vibrant flavor of asparagus with its bright and punctuated flavor, balanced with the lemony acidity and warmth of red pepper. Combined with a few simple ingredients, this soup provides a clever and surprisingly delicious way to enjoy asparagus when it’s in abundance. Plus, its light and cooling nature makes it the perfect appetizer or side to any summer meal.
• 2 pounds of asparagus, trimmed
• 2 cups of chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add in the asparagus and red pepper and sauté until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
7. Serve the soup chilled and garnish with some freshly chopped red pepper.
This easy-to-follow recipe for cold asparagus soup combines the aromatic flavor of spice and the subtle sweetness of a summer vegetable. It’s a great addition to any summer menu and is sure to please any crowd. Enjoy it as a light starter or accompanying dish to a main course. But be warned, once you’ve sampled your first spoonful, you won’t be able to resist going back for more!
For another delicious summer recipe, try this cold tomato and cucumber salad – the perfect cool and refreshing entree! Not only is it light and flavor-packed, the combination of fresh ingredients makes it the perfect complement to your cold asparagus soup.