Treat Yourself with an Exotic Coconut Pandan Cake
If you are looking for an exciting and unique way to truly indulge your sweet tooth, then you have come to the right place—behold, the Coconut Pandan Cake! This delectable cake is bursting with delightful flavors that you won’t be able to resist.
The unique flavor of this cake comes from the combination of two classic Southeast Asian ingredients, pandan and coconut. Pandan is a tropical Asian plant that has a sweet, nutty scent and is often used in Southeast Asian desserts, like nangka cendol or pandan chiffon cake. The coconut adds a slight sweetness to contrast the pandan flavor and provides a perfect balance.
The recipe for this amazing cake is surprisingly easy, making it a breeze for even the novice baker. Start by preheating the oven and combining the cake ingredients (flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and evaporated milk). Beat this mixture together until it forms a batter, then add the pandan extract and coconut, and stir until everything is mixed evenly. Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
Let the cake cool before cutting into slices and serving. As soon as you take the first bite, you will be captivated by the sweet pandan-coconut aroma. Enjoy the delightful texture of the light and fluffy cake as it melts in your mouth…it is truly a thing of beauty!
This Coconut Pandan Cake is a great way to add a unique twist to your dessert table. It is a great way to introduce your family and friends to a unique flavor and culture! This recipe also pairs very nicely with fruits like mango, pineapple, or banana for an added level of depth and flavor.
Ready to experience a unique Southeast Asian delight? Then give the Coconut Pandan Cake a try — there are sure to be many smiles that come from this delicious cake!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup evaporated milk
– 2 tablespoons pandan extract
– ¼ cup dried coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, eggs and evaporated milk. Beat together until the mixture is well blended.
3. Add the pandan extract and coconut flakes, stirring until blended.
4. Grease a 9-inch pan, pour in the batter, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Let cool before slicing and serving.