Christmas Chicken – A Festive, Flavorful Recipe
This classic dish has been part of our family holiday celebrations for as long as we can remember. The delightful combination of herbs, spices, and comforting flavors makes it the perfect centerpiece for Christmas dinner. Enjoy the aromas of rosemary, sage, and thyme as you bring this festive meal to the table!
• 4 lb whole chicken
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
• 1 tablespoon dried sage
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 orange, quartered
• 1 large onion, cut into wedges
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
3. Rub the chicken all over with olive oil, then rub the garlic and herb mixture into the skin. Place the orange wedges and onion inside the cavity of the chicken.
4. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and surround it with the celery. Pour the white wine and chicken broth into the pan.
5. Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
This traditional Christmas dish tastes great on its own, but for a more festive meal, serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and an side of cranberry sauce. Enjoy this flavorful, festive recipe with your family and friends!
When it comes to making a delicious holiday meal, this classic Christmas chicken recipe is an absolute must-try. Enjoy the flavorful mix of herbs and spices, and the comforting aromas that will fill your home. Enjoy this one-of-a-kind meal with your friends and family!