Welcome to my kitchen! Today, I’m delighted to share a flavorful take on the classic Quesadilla made with Cholula chicken and other fresh ingredients. Trust me folks, this Cholula Chicken Qdoba is an explosion of flavor that your tastebuds won’t soon forget!
Using an interesting mixture of ingredients, including jalapenos, cilantro, and a variety of Mexican spices, this Qdoba packs in a lot of flavor into one tasty package. And if you’ve got some extra avocado lying around, that too makes a great addition.
This dish culture is steeped in Mexican culinary tradition and, when properly prepared, it’s a new and excitingly flavor-filled experience.
-2 chiles chopped jalapenos
-1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
-1/2 cup of cilantro, foliage and stems
-1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
-1/2 cup of Mexican cheese
-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1/4 teaspoon of paprika
-4 large tortillas
-4 tablespoons of avocado for topping
-1/4 cup of sour cream for topping
-1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a medium-sized pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro to pan, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the vegetables have softened, add in the chicken and seasonings. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
4. Heat a separate skillet over medium heat.
5. Add a tortilla to the skillet and top with 1/4 of the chicken mixture.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and top with another tortilla.
7. Cook quesadilla until lightly browned and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
8. Flip quesadilla and cook on the other side, about 2 minutes.
9. Place quesadilla on a plate and repeat with remaining ingredients.
10. Serve with avocado and sour cream and cholula hot sauce.
Yum, yum, yum! I’m sure you can already taste the burst of flavor in the Cholula Chicken Qdoba. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or a midnight snack, this recipe is guaranteed to perk up even the most finicky of tastebuds! Give it a try, and let me know how it turns out. Buen provecho!