Chocolate Rolo Cake – An Unforgettable Treat
Chocolate Rolo Cake is a seriously decadent treat and is sure to be a hit at any gathering. Combining buttery and chocolatey flavors with a gooey Rolo center, this cake is a delicious and fun way to surprise your family and friends. Layering various ingredients in a simple yet effective way, this cake will tantalize your taste buds and leave your guests begging for more.
– 130 g butter
– 110 g light soft brown sugar
– 3 eggs
– 70 g ground almonds
– 70 g plain flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 10 g cocoa powder
– 200 g plain chocolate chips
– 30 g mini-Rolos
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and lightly grease a 20 cm round cake tin.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, then stir through the almonds.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and fold together.
4. Finally, stir through the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
5. Place the mini-Rolos on top then bake in the oven for 40–45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Chocolate Rolo Cake is best served warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. For extra indulgence, why not top it off with a drizzle of caramel sauce or some fresh berries?
This cake can also be enjoyed cold, but it’s even more delicious when left to cool for a couple of hours. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
The great thing about Chocolate Rolo Cake is its versatility – you can serve it as dessert or as a treat with a cup of coffee or tea. You can also get creative and add some of your favorite flavours such as nuts, fruit or spices.
Though similar to standard chocolate cake recipes, this dish adds a unique twist with its Rolo surprise inside. The combination of nutty and chocolatey flavors is a divine delight that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. With its easy prep and baking time, Chocolate Rolo Cake is the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.