Chocolate Nougat: A Sweet Treat for All Ages
If you’re looking for something that’s both sweet and sophisticated, then Chocolate Nougat is the perfect recipe to satisfy your cravings. This traditional European dessert originates from France but has been adopted by many countries around the world. It can be made in many shapes and sizes, each with their own unique flavor. Whether you’re looking for a dessert to finish off a special meal or just a sweet treat to enjoy on a lazy Sunday afternoon, this deliciously creamy confection is sure to please.
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup corn syrup
– 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 2/3 cup milk
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– Pinch of salt
– 3 cups roasted and crushed almonds
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 6 ounces dark chocolate (chopped)
1. Begin by combining the sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder and milk together in a medium saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until boiling, stirring continuously.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oil, salt, almonds, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the warm mixture onto a greased baking sheet and allow it to cool completely.
5. Once cooled, roll out the nougat to a 1/2-inch thickness.
6. Melt the chopped chocolate in a double-boiler then spread it over the nougat layer.
7. When the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle additional almonds on top and press lightly with a spatula.
8. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for at least two hours.
9. Break the nougat into slices and enjoy!
This classic recipe for Chocolate Nougat has been enjoyed for centuries and is sure to bring a smile to the face of anyone who tries it. Not only is it packed with rich flavors, but it’s also surprisingly simple to put together. Plus, you can switch up the ingredients if you’re looking for something that’s more suited to your individual tastes. Just try adding in some of your favorite nuts and spices for a more personalized experience.
At the end of the day, whatever combination of deliciously sweet ingredients you decide to include, this recipe is sure to satisfy any craving for something cozy and comforting. And, if you’re looking for other variations of this treat, try experimenting with sweet confections like Halva and Torrone. Enjoy!