Deliciously Gooey Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Nothing says “comfort food” like a warm, gooey cookie right out of the oven. There’s nothing quite like a classic chocolate chip pecan cookie, with its crunchy, nutty topping and chewy, chocolaty center.
A traditional chocolate chip pecan cookie involves a few simple steps: mix the butter and sugar together, add the dry ingredients, fold in the chocolate chips and pecans, and shape into cookies. But this unique recipe adds an intriguing twist, adding eggs and cream cheese for added richness and texture.
-1/2 cup butter
-3/4 cup sugar
-6 oz cream cheese
-2 cup flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda, then add to creamed mixture.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
5. For each cookie, drop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. Allow cookies to cool slightly before serving.
The combination of butter and cream cheese adds a heavenly richness to these cookies that can’t be found in ordinary recipes. The bits of melted chocolate and crunchy nuts scattered throughout make for an interesting bite that is sure to please any palate. And the egg adds a subtle flavor and holds everything together for a perfect, chewy texture.
Be sure to invite some friends over when you make these cookies. They will leave your kitchen with smiles on their faces and stories to tell of the delicious chocolate chip pecan cookies they enjoyed. Save some for the morning after – with a steaming mug of coffee these cookies make the perfect accompaniment as you begin a new day!