Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with Delicious Chocolate Bread
Chocolate and bread may not be two items that you would typically pair together, but our recipe for chocolate bread will surprise and delight you! This sumptuous sweet treat has a unique flavor and texture that is surprisingly addictive. A hint of cocoa, crunchy nuts, and sweet raisins make this recipe so satisfying that it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Not only is this recipe easy to prepare, there’s something quite special about it that would make it a favorite even for the most discerning palates. Blended with ingredients of both European and African origin, it has influences from a variety of cultures. Our chocolate bread also has a burst of energy from some special ingredients such as banana and coconut oil that add complexity and delight to the flavor profile.
- White flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar- 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 2 tablespoons
- Canola oil- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Raisins- 1/2 cup
- Chopped walnuts- 1/2 cup
- Banana- 1 large, mashed
- Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Grease a 9×5-inch (23×13-cm) loaf pan. Line the bottom and two long sides with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, canola oil, and vanilla. Add raisins, walnuts and mashed banana. Stir to combine.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil and milk. Pour into the bowl with the batter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool, then remove from the pan. Slice and enjoy!
For those looking for a unique and delicious dessert, our chocolate bread is sure to be an instant classic. Perfectly combining sweet and savory notes, this unusual treat has a unique complexity that will keep you coming back for more. With its hint of cocoa, crunchy nuts and burst of bananas adding texture and flavor, it’s sure to delight all who try it! Plus, with a preparation time shorter than most cakes, you’re sure to enjoy it with minimal effort.
From its European and African influences to its perplexing mix of flavors, this recipe is a must-try. Why not give it a go and impress your family and friends with this delightful dessert?