Tantalizing Chinese White Chicken Dish – Step-by-Step Guide
Step aside takeout, it’s time to cook up a Chinese classic with this tantalizing white chicken recipe. Rich, aromatic flavors are combined with fresh, crunchy staple ingredients for a delicious dinner that’s guaranteed to be a favorite. This recipe brings together a variety of cultural influences, with a hint of perplexity teamed with bursts of distinct flavors – an interesting combination that tantalizes taste buds.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken cubes with the onion and garlic. Then, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, ginger and white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken mixture in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides. Once browned, add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and stir to coat the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the chicken to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy!
This Chinese white chicken is a twist on American-Chinese cuisine; it’s not as heavy on the palate as some dishes, nor as plain, but still provides a fantastic flavor combination that tastes great served with a side of plain white rice. This recipe was inspired by many, but it boasts its own distinct personality that unlike anything else. It’s a quick and easy, go-to dish for nights when you’re looking for a delicious and unique dish that’s sure to please.