Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe
Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken is a classic Chinese dish with a little bit of history. The dish has evolved through many permutations over the years, but the basic recipe remains the same: chicken cooked in soy sauce, an array of vegetables, and a blend of spices. It’s a flavorful, family-favorite meal that can be prepared with minimal effort.
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup of chopped green beans
- 3 tablespoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet or wok over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and onion and stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell pepper and green beans. Stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and pepper and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over steamed white rice, if desired.
Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken is an easy and flavorful meal that the whole family can enjoy. With its simple prep work and interesting blend of ingredients, this dish is sure to be a hit. Serve it with steamed white rice to make it complete, enjoy!