Chinese Orange Chicken
The perfect combination of sweet and tangy, Chinese Orange Chicken is a delicious dish that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds! This popular dish is a staple of Chinese food, but thanks to its unique flavor, can be enjoyed by people of all backgrounds. Made with crispy chunks of chicken and a flavorful sweet and tangy orange sauce, Chinese Orange Chicken is a dish that’s sure to please. Here’s how to make it.
-3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-2 eggs, lightly beaten
-1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-1/4 cup orange marmalade
-1/4 cup soy sauce
-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken cubes with the flour and lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
2. Dip the chicken cubes in the egg mixture and then dredge them in the panko bread crumbs.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning often, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
5. Add the sauce to the skillet with the chicken and cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is evenly coated.
6. Serve immediately over freshly cooked rice. Enjoy!