Chinese Mango Chicken – A Sweet and Savory Fusion of Flavors
If you’re a fan of sweet and savory together, this Chinese Mango Chicken dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds! The combination of the tangy taste of mango with the rich flavors of Chinese cuisine offers the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
What You Need
To make this delectable meal, you’ll need:
- 1 cup of cubed chicken
- 1 can of cubed mango
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- Ground white pepper to taste
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken cubes with light soy sauce, garlic, and white pepper. Place the chicken cubes in a skillet and stir-fry until lightly browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add the mango cubes and stir-fry for about two minutes.
- Create a sauce by mixing sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, and two tablespoons of water in a cup. Add this to the skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and mix everything together. Let the sauce simmer until the chicken absorbs the flavors of the soy sauce and the mango.
- Serve and garnish with some chopped scallions.
The Fusion of East and West
This Chinese Mango Chicken dish is a wonderful fusion of East and West. The Chinese influence brings a richness of flavor, while the mango adds a slight sweetness that we often crave. The stir-frying method is quick and easy, and the end result is something to behold. This dish is an ideal way to introduce the flavors of the East to those with little knowledge of this cuisine.
Other similar dishes include Thai Mango Chicken and Vietnamese Caramelized Mango Chicken. If you’re feeling adventurous and want to experiment further, why not try them all? Whether you stick to a single recipe or combine a few different versions, the possibilities are endless and your guests will certainly enjoy the unique flavors of these global dishes.