Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
If you love the flavors of both spicy and sour, Chinese hot and sour soup is exactly what you need to add to your dinner rotation. This hot and sour masterpiece is sure to liven up any night of the week.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) bean thread vermicelli noodles, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, eggs, red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil and adjust the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. The broth should be thickened and quite sour.
Add the cooked chicken and soy bean threads, stirring for 1 minute. Serve hot in bowls, topping each with the chopped green onions and cilantro before serving. Enjoy!