Chinese Crispy Aromatic Duck
Chinese crispy aromatic duck is a popular dish that is served in many Chinese restaurants and is similar to the roast duck served in the United States. The dish, which originated in the southern region of China, is made with the skin of duck roasted until it is crispy and fragrant with strong seasonings. The duck is served with steamed pancakes, scallions, and a tangy hoisin sauce.
This dish is loved by people from all over the world and can be easily made at home. Here is a recipe for Chinese Crispy Aromatic Duck that you can make for yourself.
• 1 whole duck, about 4-5 pounds
• 4 tablespoons of five-spice powder
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
• 3 tablespoons of honey
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse duck and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the duck inside and out with the five-spice powder and salt.
4. Place the duck in a roasting pan and pour the wine over it.
5. Roast the duck in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the duck from the oven and brush on the honey.
7. Put the duck back in the oven and roast for an additional 30 minutes.
8. Remove the duck from the oven and brush with the vegetable oil.
9. Place the duck back in the oven for 15 minutes more.
10. Once done, let the duck cool before slicing.
11. Serve with steamed pancakes, scallions, and hoisin sauce.
Chinese crispy aromatic duck is a delicious and flavorful dish that makes a great meal for family and friends. This recipe is quite simple to make and sure to be a hit with all your dinner guests. Enjoy!