Indulge in Delicious Chinese Chicken Livers
If you’re looking for a unique culinary experience that is sure to tantalize your taste buds, then Chinese Chicken Livers is the dish for you. This classic Chinese recipe is surprisingly simple to make, yet is packed with rich flavour and texture. It’s an essential dish in traditional Chinese cuisine, and is sure to be the star of any dinner party.
The main ingredient in this famous dish is the chicken livers. This nutrient-dense and highly flavourful part of the chicken is cooked quickly with a few simple seasonings until just cooked through, but still deliciously soft. This ensures that the chicken retains its juicy texture and savoury flavour. The light and fluffy texture of the chicken contrasts perfectly with the colour and texture of the accompanying vegetables.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 5 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan pepper
• 2 cups chicken livers, washed and drained
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
• 2 stalks celery, diced
• 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and Sichuan pepper and stir for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the chicken livers and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Add the onion, carrot, bell pepper and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
7. Finally, stir in the sesame oil, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
8. Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!
Chinese Chicken Livers is an easy and delicious way to bring some authentic Chinese cuisine to your dinner table. It’s surprisingly simple to make, with all the ingredients ready in no time, and is sure to be the star of any dinner party. The subtle balance of flavours and textures from the chicken livers, vegetables, spices and sauces all come together to create a mouth-watering flavour bomb that is sure to please.
So don’t miss out on this classic Chinese dish and whip up a batch of Chinese Chicken Livers. This crowd-pleaser is guaranteed to leave everyone asking for seconds!