Chinese Cashew Chicken Recipe
Chinese cashew chicken is a delicious and simple stir-fry dish made with chicken and cashews in a savory Chinese-style sauce. It’s a little sweet, a little salty, and a lot delicious! This dish is sure to become a favorite in your weekly dinner rotation.
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 cup oyster sauce
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon dry sherry (or Shaoxing wine)
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
– 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
– 2 scallions, finely chopped
– Cooked rice, for serving
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Add the cashews and scallions and cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Serve the chicken, cashews and sauce over cooked rice. Enjoy!