The Finest Chili Chicken Gravy for the Savvy Chef
Are you in the mood to turn up the heat on your next meal? Spice up your dinner with the mouthwatering combination of chili chicken gravy! This tantalizing, robust recipe is sure to satisfy the discerning palette.
A Versatile Culinary Tradition
Chili chicken gravy is a perennial favorite, renowned for its unique flavor. The dish melds together spices from both East and West to create a flavor that is as complex as it is delicious. The chili sauce adds a burst of heat and brings everything together for a scrumptious result.
I can personally attest to the power of chili chicken gravy. My family hails from India, where I experienced the dish often growing up. I was never not able to finish a plateful, no matter how huge! Those tasty morsels with the chili sauce, and the feeling of shared pleasure when all the family members sat around the table eating it— these memories will stay with me forever.
– 2 chicken breast
– 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
– 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
– 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
– 2 teaspoons of garam masala
– 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1/2 cup of chicken stock
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion, garlic, green chillies and stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the chicken breasts and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Gradually add in the chicken stock, stirring regularly to combine.
6. Cover with lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve with steamed basmati rice or pathiri.
Start the Heat!
From the quick stir-frying of the onion, garlic, and chilies to the simmering of the chicken in the irresistible combination of spices and flavors, a tantalizing meal is always just a few fresh ingredients away. Spice up your dinner experience with chili chicken gravy and make the most of a classic culinary tradition!