Enjoy a Tastebud-Tantalizing Bowl of Creamy Chicken Shorba
Do you like creamy comfort food? If you do, you’re in for a real treat with this Chicken Shorba. This traditional recipe for the flavourful Pakistanian soup features wholesome, natural ingredients, such as succulent chicken, hearty vegetables and a comforting tomato-based broth. Warm and aromatic, it’s sure to become a regular go-to in your home this winter.
This wholesome soup makes the perfect meal, especially when served with flatbread or naan. It’s an easy recipe to make, and doesn’t take long to throw together. Your family and friends will be begging for the recipe after tasting it!
-1 lb chicken (you can use thigh, breast or cutlet pieces)
-2 potatoes, diced
-1/4 cup peas
-1 onion, diced
-2 tomatoes, diced
-1/4 cup coriander leaves
-1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
-1/2 teaspoon turmeric
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon garam masala
-2 cups chicken stock
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Saute until golden brown.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and turmeric, and stir.
3. Add the chicken and sauté until lightly browned.
4. Add the potatoes, peas and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add the garam masala and coriander leaves, and stir.
8. Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
This delicious Chicken Shorba is inspired by traditional Pakistani cuisine. It focusses on hearty ingredients and fresh flavours, which makes it the perfect Winter warmer. The subtle aromatics of ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and garam masala add a unique spiciness to the dish. And, as with most soups, it tastes even better the next day.
If you enjoy traditional curry-based soups, you might also like to check out Mulligatawny, Khichuri and Tom Kha Gai. Try out the recipes, and see what you think.
This tasty and comforting Chicken Shorba is sure to become a regular on your dinner table. Enjoy making it, and more importantly, enjoy eating it!