Introducing the Deliciously Unique Chicken Salpicao
If you’re looking for a flavorful and unique dish to spice up your dinner repertoire, chicken salpicao is a delicious option that you definitely need to try! This savory dish with Portuguese and Filipino influences transports you to new and exotic flavors with each bite.
Chicken salpicao is a crowd-pleasing meal featuring succulent marinated chicken blended with sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic, then served over hot rice for a savory, comforting dinner option. Added bonus — it requires minimal prep, is ready in about fifteen minutes, and can be easily customized with different vegetables to suit your tastes.
• 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
• 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• Cooked rice
1. In a large bowl, combine the cubes of chicken with the soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Mix to coat the chicken in the marinade and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the marinated chicken and cook for three minutes, stirring until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and add the onion, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for two minutes, stirring until the vegetables are softened.
5. Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet, and stir until everything is combined. Cook for two more minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve over cooked rice, spooning the sauce from the skillet over the dish. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a new addition to your dinner rotation, chicken salpicao is a flavorful and simple option that the whole family will love. The combination of charred chicken, peppers, and mushrooms makes this a savory and satisfying meal. Serve over freshly cooked rice and you’ll have yourself a delicious meal that comes together in no time!