Tempt your taste buds with an Authentic Pakistani Chicken Pulao Recipe!
Have you ever been curious to try something really special and separate from the regular dishes you make? Something that would tantalize your taste buds and knock your socks off with genuine flavors of another corner of the world? Introducing… the amazing Chicken Pulao, that will transport you to Pakistan!
The Chicken Pulao, a famous Pakistani dish, is a rice dish cooked with chicken and a balanced mix of spices to give you a delicate yet robust flavor. It is cooked with fragrant Basmati rice. That combined with the savory cuts of chicken, and the swirls of sauteed onion and spiced carrots make this dish something truly unique.
– 2 cups of Basmati Rice
– 2 tablespoons of clarified butter
– 2 pounds of boneless chicken cut into small pieces
– 2 cups of chopped onions
– 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of garam masala
– 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
– 2 teaspoons of cumin
– 1 teaspoon of chili powder
– 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
– 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
– 2 cups of thinly sliced carrots
– 2 cups of vegetable stock
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the clarified butter in a deep pot. Add in the chopped onions and fry till they turn a golden brown.
2. Add in the ginger, garlic, garam masala, coriander, cumin, chili powder and turmeric powder. Fry the spices for few minutes.
3. Add in the chicken pieces, vinegar and carrots. Saute for a few minutes till the chicken turns golden brown in color.
4. Add in the vegetable stock and bring the pot to a boil.
5. Add in the Basmati Rice and season with salt and pepper.
6. Reduce to low heat, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. When done, add the chopped parsley and serve with coriander chutney.
Serving the Chicken Pulao with a comforting Coriander chutney brings out the flavors and make the dish divine. This is a sumptuous meal that is ideal for dinner parties, special occasions and family gatherings. For a complete meal, you can serve it with a Greek salad, and Naan bread.
The Chicken Pulao has a distinctive flavor that’s a complete pleasure to the senses. With a few simple ingredients and spices, you can have an authentic Pakistani experience with this recipe. Just close your eyes and let the aroma transport you to the other side of the world. You can also try making Daal or a Chicken Korma as well to elevate your Pakistani spread.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients and prepare the Chicken Pulao right away!